Rajma Masala is one of the famous north Indian cuisine. This dish can be explained as Rajma cooked in a onion and tomato puree with a blend of all the spices. This dish can be searved with rice or chapathi or roti.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Red kidney beans (rajma), soaked overnight
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, pureed
- 6-8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons red chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoons garam masala powder
- Soak Rajma beans Overnight (or atleast 6 hours).
- Pressure cook Rajma with five cups of water and salt till totally cooked and soft
- Heat ghee and fry onions and bay leaves for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and continue to sauté till the mixture turns golden.
- Add tomato puree, mix and continue to cook.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and cook till the oil leaves the masala.
- Add the cooked red kidney beans along with the cooked water
- Add salt for according to taste.
- Add garam masala powder.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about fifteen to twenty minutes on low heat.
- Serve Hot