Chitranna is a favorite rice base dish of karnataka especially from Bengaluru and
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup cooked Rice
- 1-2 table spoon peanuts
- ½ table spoon mustard seeds
- ½ table spoon urid dal
- ½ table spoon chana dal
- 2-3 green chillies cut into 2 halves
- ½ table spoon termeric powder
- 2-3 table spoon Lemon juice
- 2-3 table spoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1-2 table spoon Oil/ghee
- Curry leafs
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan.
- When heated up add mustard, when it pops up add chana dal, urid dal, peanuts, curry leaves,green chillies. Fry a bit untill peanuts are fried.
- Now add termeric, salt.
- When the mix cools down a bit, add cooked rice and mix well.
- At last add chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with curd or raita or just as it is.