Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cup urad dal
- 1/4cup fresh/frozen coconut and few pieces of fresh coconut
- 2 strand curry leaves
- 1 table spoon ginger (cut into tiny pieces or grated)
- 2-3 green chilies(cut into tiny pieces)
- Soak ural dal for 3-4 hours.
- Grind the dal to a thick coarse paste without adding water.
- Add coconut, curry leaves, ginger, green chillies and salt.
- Mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and make small balls of the batter and deep fry them as shown in picture.
- deep fry dollops of the batter till golden brown.
- Serve hot with ginger chutney
PS: Want a crisypy badas... add a handful of urad dal with skin in the batter.